Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Bactericidal, Topical ophthalmic, Eye drop, Topical corticosteroid, Topical antibiotic / corticosteroid
Corticosporin®, Maxitrol®, Neo-Predef® ointment, NeoDecadron®, Neopredef ointment, Optisone®
Broad spectrum bactericidal topical antibiotic corticosteroid combination.
- Due to the risk of severe anaphylaxis and death, some feel triple antibiotic combination therapy is contraindicated in cats.
- Hypersensitivity reactions are possible and thought to be related to neomycin allergy.
- There are sporadic reports of anaphylaxis and death in cats associated with the use of triple antibiotic ophthalmic products that contain neomycin.
- Ointment – Neomycin/polymixin B with Dexamethasone; Maxitrol ®. Neomycin with Dexamethasone; NeoDecadron ® Solutions – Neomycin/polymixin B with Dexamethasone; Maxitrol ®. Neomycin with Dexamethasone; NeoDecadron ® Neosporin/polymixin B and hydrocortisone; Corticosporin ®
Veterinary – General
- Neomycin / PrednisoLONE in 3.5 gram tubes; Optisone ®. Approved for dogs and cats. Neomycin / Isoflupredone in 3.5 and 5 gram tubes; Neo-Predef ® Ointment. Approved for horses, dogs, cats and cattle.